In this post we will keep you updated with the changelogs of latest Gunbot v23.x Beta versions.
Here you can find the link to V 23.0 stable version:
Gunbot – v23.0.1 beta
– Add some extra logs in order to attempt to catch something useful for me to fix the so called “stuck” gunbots of these latest days.
– Add a simple cloud scraper with logs that has been useful in the past, to check if the “stuck” gunbots are being cloudflared.
– Fix issue on pnl page that reverted “All” to “None”.
– StepGrid: keep dust to a minimum when using manual step size.
– AutoConfig: add new job type, “manageOverrides2” that can use ticker filters to manage overrides. Output options are exactly the same as for “manageOverrides”. Use the GUI AC or code editor to create a valid job template.
– Add a few debug logs to pnl page to help identify cause of monday freezing behaviour.
– Please if you want to help nailing the “monday ghost” bug in gui pnl page, open your java console in the browser.
Gunbot v23.0.2 beta
– Possibly fixed the “freezing bot” issue.
– Possibly fixes the “monday ghost” bug.
Gunbot v23.0.4 – Stable patch release.
Completed migration to OKEx v5 api: please use “okex5” in your config instead of “okex3”.
– Completed migration to beaxy api endpoints tradewith.beaxy
– Add AUD base and the following new listed coins to Kraken:
– Use ask instead of bid for triggering stepgrid trailing buy orders.
– Simplify stepgrid trailing code.
– Trading terminal: reset form values after hitting order button.
– Trading terminal: reset form values when another pair gets selected.
– Fix bybit pair naming in markets sidebar, so that their side is visible.
– Possibly fix weird time notation where it would show 24:xx instead of 00…
– Fix 24h time notation on autoconfig dashboard.
– Fix handling of empty subaccount field when entering exchange keys for ftx.
– Add Triples to exchange bitrage settings. Enter as comma separated list without blank spaces, saved as array.
– Add gunbot config as built-in variable for custom strats: gb.data.config (read only).
– Improve watch mode tooltip text.
Gunbot v23.0.5 beta
– Fix AXS, WBTC and AUD pairs at kraken.
– Fix MM local license verification
– FuturesGrid: fix issue that prevented some coin-m markets from DCAing the expected number of times.
Gunbot v23.0.6 beta
– Fix for fees in ZyABP.
Gunbot v23.0.7 beta
– Makes BUY_ENABLED/SELL_ENABLED available for futures GRID strategy.
– Possible fix to telegram bot pnl notifications for futures markets.
– Makes XTREND available in state file.
– Fix AC tickers collection for okex5.
Gunbot v23.0.8 beta
– Possible fix for beaxy trading history.
– Fix kraken pairs.
– Gui overview sidebar: fix break even price appearing as truncated numbers in scientific notation.
– Fix (new) order notification contents
– AutoConfig: add option to load custom data from a JSON file, contents can be accessed with this.pair.userData in filters, and other places where custom code is possible. Custom data must be in a file called acUserData.json in the gunbot root folder. This can be useful if you have an external application providing market data you would like to use in AutoConfig. If you can make the data available as a JSON file, you can use it
– stepGrid: fix a case where it tried to sell more units then it has
– Fix sorting problem in markets sidebar, for ftx perpetuals.
– Refactor GUI notifications using new framework.
– Add GUI notification that alerts when a fallback config is in use. And some small fixes in data collection for GUI.
– Attempt to fix gunbot crashing because corrupted config files and/or null values by using a fallback config and notifying the user.
Gunbot v 23.0.9 beta
– Fix an issue with config files sanity check.
– Fix okex sidebar.
– Possible fix to infinite loading config loop.
– More changes to overview sidebar for okex spot, to make it show the common spot info.
– Fix disappearing buy target when using forever bags option in stepgrid.
– StepGrid: better work around exchanges not sending up to date orders info, to hopefully prevent bursts of unintended orders.
– Stepgrid fix for bursts orders at OKEx to gunbot core.
– Fix loading config loop.
– Fix pipe error
– Implement stepGridHedge for bybit.
— Expected behavior:
The strategy uses the same order triggers as stepGrid does on spot, but in quite a different way.
Imagine stepGrid trading futures longs, when it encounters a sell step below the avg entry price (which would cause a loss on the long side), it will fire a trade on the short side. The same principle works on basically any situation stepGrid can encounter: it fires an order in the direction that is either profitable or does not cause a loss by firing the order.
Additionally, there are some none configurable methods that prevent dca orders to try to not accumulate too much too fast.
It gets more profitable once it had time to accumulate positions bigger than a few tl, which it will close in many parts – ever further away from avg entry. Long times of sideways trading are the main enemy of this strategy, because there is a risk of accumulating too much around similar prices.
How to configure pairs:
Set both the short and long pair like below, the short pair is only there to collect data and visualize trades. The settings for the short pair only make sure it never trades.
The long pair does the actual trading on both sides. Always make sure to have the short pair before the long pair.
There is no GUI strategy editor yet.
The settings above are something I use on a ~500 USDT test wallet with no other pairs active.
TRADING_LIMIT: in USDT, is the regular amount per initial or dca order, first few orders can sometimes use 1.5x or 2x this amount
MAX_BUY_COUNT: maximum position size (measured in ‘tl’) per side. Bot won’t add more to the position if this threshold is reached
MAX_UNHEDGED: max unhedged position size, the imbalance between long and short. For example if long is 20x tl and short is 5x tl, there is 15x tl unhedged. Bot won’t add more to the position if this threshold is reached
STOP_AFTER_CLOSE_LONG: when true, bot doesn’t open a new long after closing one
STOP_AFTER_CLOSE_SHORT: when true, bot doesn’t open a new short after closing one
Other stepGrid specific settings like manual step size also work, in exactly the same way as on stepGrid for spot trading.
There’s one caveat with order sizes on Bybit, the min order size is rather big and makes it hard to estimate how many tl a position currently is. For example if ETH is trading at 3000 and the min order size is 0.01 ETH in value, then a trading limit of 31 or 35 will both result in buying 0.01 eth.
This makes MAX_BUY_COUNT and MAX_UNHEDGED a bit imprecise when trading with a tl close to the minimum order size. You can see the current counts in the console logs.
About the pipe error: if you dont want to upgrade to this build and you are running a previous build you like and you get the error, do this:
>> Add to your etc/host the following line
– Upgrade bittrex api to v3
– Port some kucoin and okex api call fixes from bitRage
– Add kraken pairs PHA OXY RAY.
– Possible fix to GUI crashing with newest browsers.
– stepGridHedge: add more controls for allowing certain orders types:
BUY_ENABLED: controls long orders
SELL_ENABLED: controls short orders
CLOSE_LONG_ENABLED: controls long close orders
CLOSE_SHORT_ENABLED: controls short close orders.
– stepGridHedge: add TRADING_LIMIT_SHORT option (just like TRADING_LIMIT, but only for the short side). Is an optional setting, when omitted TRADING_LIMIT is used for both side
– stepGridHedge: Add customizable settings to increase order amounts of the first x trades. If you 2 as multiplier value, it means that eligible orders get fired for tl * 2. In FIRST_TRADES_MULTIPLIER auto mode the behavior is that first trades size grows with the position size of the then losing side. Auto mode generates multiplier values between 1.5 and 5. The FIRST_TRADES_THRESHOLD option lets you set a position size threshold under which tl FIRST_TRADES_MULTIPLIER applies. In auto mode it will usually allow 2 to 3 trades with FIRST_TRADES_MULTIPLIER, and continues with 1x tl trades after that. When you set 10 as value, FIRST_TRADES_MULTIPLIER applies until the current position is 10 or more “howManyTL” (see console logs when unsure about this value). parameters: “FIRST_TRADES_MULTIPLIER”: “auto” or numeric value “FIRST_TRADES_THRESHOLD”: “auto” or numeric value.
– stepGridHedge: tuning conditions for first trades multiplier a bit.