SG Mutation C1

Gunbot Shop Gunbot Forum Gunbot Strategy Lab SG Mutation C1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

Strategy: SG Mutation C1

Exchange: Binance.

Number of Pairs: 3.

Pairs: USDT-BTC; USD-LTC, USDT-ADA

Trading Limit: 50.

Starting Date: From 21th March to 28th March (Will Continue).

Aitor
    Keymaster
    • Administrator

Thanks for sharing. Nice one! :thumbup:

Gunbot Shop - https://gunbot.shop

Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

This was a week with a lot of ups and downs, the strategie is running slow but continues profitbale trades are executed

There was one coin ( LTC ) i have done a extra – manual DCA , because it was struggeling to get back

The net result of this week is effected with a portion of BNB which i do not trade with but is used for paying fees. This week this coin almost exploded, so i had a decent profit from that one as well.

Bottom line : this instance outperformed BTC this last week

Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

USDT-LTC nice !

Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

This week results looks fine, pretty stable. The TL is increased a little because we had a few dips, and it survived pretty good

When the market is stable, it performance fine, but when down, it realy struggles to get back, and a manual DCA is sometimes needed to get back in the action again.

Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

This is the current situation of C1 USDT-BTC, the troubles started earlier with a long position, and the DCA points are well choosen, but while BTC was running down, i was out of cash after 7 DCA’s
    ( my fault, after the positives results, greed took over and I doubled TL )

Current situation is stable, no liquidations happened, and within a few day’s we can judge if we made a lot of money this weekend or not

Aitor
    Keymaster
    • Administrator

Current situation is stable, no liquidations happened, and within a few day’s we can judge if we made a lot of money this weekend or not

This is Spot Trading, so there aren’t liquidations like it happens with leveraged trading. Definitely is not a good idea to leave only funds for 7 DCAs. This strategy has shown to be very good getting rid of the bags DCAing and with CT doing constant trades but it’s important to allocate enough funds to let the bot to do its things. Hopefully all goes good and you  can start a new cycle with a lower TL to allow the bot to be able to DCA to a deeper number.

Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

At this moment i can share with you the result of a full month. Despite the dip i made a profit of 3 % in this month running this strategy.

The PNL in Gunbot is not working, but i also keep track of the total numbers in excel, and this result is alomst the same ( USD 3 difference ) which is maybe a result of current positions. No worries for me for such an amount.

This strategy is trying hard to fight back after a dip with ct but is very difficult to get back on track. But when it is, it is running very solid

Aitor
    Keymaster
    • Administrator

Hi Peter, several important things:

1- We can’t use Binance PNL as reference as it just states the value in dollars of your assets. For example, suppose you have 0.10 BTC and 5000$ and BTC price = 50k. In this example the value of our assets is 10k$. Ok, suppose we don’t make a single trade and BTC price raises to 100k. Now the value of our assets is 15k$, so Binance will show like we did 50% profit in 1 day… Obviously it has no sense. Gunbot would show profit = 0 because we didn’t a single trade.

Gunbot PNL calculation takes into account the profit / loss in our base coin of the trades we have closed. Our target is to increase the base coin. If our base coin is USD, we want to close trades to earn USD, and we shouldn’t care if btc price raised or dropped last day, week or month. Same happens when we use BTC as base, in this case our target is to earn BTC. If we convert 1 BTC into 1,10 BTC, we got +10%, didn’t we? Would in this case make any sense to say we lost just because btc price dropped by 20% that week? Obviously not, and that why I think we should use Gunbot PNL for serious calculations.

2-

The PNL in Gunbot is not working

Please take a look at this post:

https://gunbot.shop/forum/topic/usd-base-with-pnl/#post-9849

You can send me a msg via Telegram and ask me for a beta version that includes the partial fix. It just needs to stop the bot, overwrite old Gunthy-win file with the new one and start the bot again. After doing this, all the profit from previous trades / days will appear.

3- By the way, from 30th March to 26th April, BTC dropped 4,69%, and despite of that drop you still increased the value of your assets 3%+. In my case in that period of time I increased the value of my assets 9,89%. In both cases, we have earned much more profit if we just take into account the trades we closed, which is the correct way to measure earnings in my opinion.

Peter Warmerdam
    Participant
    • Novice

At this moment the strategie is running more than a month, and one can start with some conclusions

1. Overal profit is on average ( from the start ) 0.7 % per day
    2. The strategy is outperforming BTC
    3. CT Trading is working fine as you can see on the ADA chart

Aitor
    Keymaster
    • Administrator

Thanks for sharing your results Peter. Outperform BTC is relative, I mean, if you run USDT-XXX and BTC pumps from 50k to 100k in 1 day, there is no strategy in the world that can outperform that, as it would need to buy BTC using all the USDT before the pump starts and sell it when it reachs to the top.

Same way, if you run USDT-XXX and BTC price drops, you are outperforming BTC even if you didn’t make a single trade… Why to care about something we can control? I mean, if you trade USDT-XXX, the target is to earn USDT, same way that if you trade BTC-XXX, your target is to earn BTC and you shouldn’t care too much about BTC price going up or down.

In my case, according to Binance, I got +13% while BTC trend was +2%. Anyway, I think Binance calculations are wrong. I mean, since I started testing SG Mutation v1, I went from 5160$ to 8400$ and Binance says +33% and  it’s +63%… That’s why I prefer Gunbot reports as it just states the profit you got in your base coin: USDT, BTC or whatever you use as base.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.